LOGO DESIGN (SMM2302)
- Learn to see the shapes in typography and to begin to recognize fonts.
- Use thumbnails to explore and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Experiment with creating a logo.
- Learn to manipulate tools and software.
- Develop resourcefulness, adaptability, and creativity in learning and living.
- Express yourself in the creativity of graphic design.
- Go to the library or anywhere and pick a books or anythings about logo designs to analyze. Write a one to two page analysis of the designer’s choice of color, type, imagery, and composition. Who is the target audience for this logo? What does the design tell you about the company? Is the design successful? If not, what would you do to improve the design? Bring the logo design and your paper to class.
- For critique, create at least 5 thumbnails, in any combination of pencils/pen-on-paper and computer generated. For computer generated thumbnails, arrange all of them on one or two pages, and then print up on 11″x17″ sheets.
- Mount your best design on a matte board. Remember that the quality of your mounting will count in your grade.
- You will also turn in your Adobe Illustrator file, optionally JPEG and GIF-formats for web site graphics, into the Art 330 Graphic Design Folder.
Ask at least three people what comes to mind when they think of the subject of your logo design. Record their answer and use this information to help generate ideas.
- Communicative power: How well your design communicates its intended message.
- The number of thumbnails you create.
- Technical success at manipulating the software.
- Presentation: Neat, Average, or Sloppy.
Ok guys, that for your 1st assignment.
Deu Date : Before First test(9 February 2007)